In our new space, ARC will show more video, performance and installation exhibitions. The Exhibitions Committee is honored to review proposals that encompass our goal.
Click here to see our floor plan.
Please include the following in your application for review:
- A statement describing your video, performance of installation exhibition.
- Other relevant documentation, such your website.
- Submit your application using the form below.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
SUBMISSION DEADLINES: JANUARY 15, JUNE 10 and SEPT 30.
Accepted applicants will be responsible for:
- Returned, signed contract: A security deposit of $100 is required, which will be returned when all contract requirements have been successfully met.
- Art work that fits through our door.
- Delivery of work: All materials regarding the exhibition, including artwork must be delivered to ARC by hand-delivery, FedEx or UPS at the artist’s expense on the date specified in the contract.
- Pick-up of work: Artwork must be picked up by the artist/designee and/or shipping arrangements pre-paid and pre-arranged by the artist/designee at the end date of show. ARC is not responsible for the return of artwork if unclaimed, or when no arrangements have been made. Work will be disposed of after 30 days from show date.
- Announcement postcards: These are optional and left to the discretion of the artist/designee. ARC has a template that includes its logo, address, hours and sponsorship that the artist/designee may utilize, as well as a media mailing list. ARC is not responsible for any loss or damage, even though we make every effort to handle all work with extreme care.
Included in the rental fee:
- Sale of Work: ARC does not take commission for work sold, but instead acts as a liaison for sales.
- Installation: Professional installation and de-installation of your show by ARC Gallery’s crew according to gallery guidelines (exception s: artist’s site-specific installation).
- Documentation: Shows are documented on ARC Gallery’s website with an image, title and statement sent by the artist/designee along with any website link. ARC digitally documents each show and retains the images for our gallery archives. With your permission, it will then be archived, along with all of ARC Gallery’s 45 years of documentation, in the Ryerson Library of the Art Institute of Chicago for future scholarly research.
- Gallery Hours and Opening Reception: ARC members staff the gallery Wednesday through Saturday from noon to 6 pm and Sunday from noon to 4 pm. A cash bar is set up and maintained by ARC members during an artists’ reception held in conjunction with the other artist’s showing, usually on the first Friday of the month from 6 to 9 pm. If the artist/designee would like an opening reception at a different time/day, this can be accommodated if it coincides with regular gallery hours.
- Advertising: Monthly listings, press releases and e-announcements are sent to our mailing list of approximately 4,000 names which is updated regularly and includes the following sources: private individuals, gallery owners, critics, collectors, colleges, newspapers, museums, radio and television stations.