FINAL DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS EXTENDED TO MIDNIGHT, SATURDAY, SEPT. 26
UNMASKED: Portraiture in a Pandemic
JUROR: Dr. Kryssi Staikidis, Professor of Art and Design Education at Northern University
Click HERE to apply.
In this time of isolation and confinement – when we can often see only a portion of another’s face – we are creating this juried exhibition to celebrate faces – and the people behind them. We would also like to examine the ways in which people mask themselves or masquerade. We are looking to define this genre as broadly as possible: self, other, representational, abstracted, likeness, current, past, psychological, emotional…
We are interested in all forms of mark making; and all media are welcome. The show will be juried by Dr. Kryssi Staikidis, Professor of Art and Design Education at Northern University. The exhibition will run from Oct 28 thru Dec 19, 2020. We encourage everyone to enter (details below).
Entry fee: $40 for one to three images. $10 for each additional image (lower charge for students — high school or college students can pay a reduced fee of $25 per 3 entries with $10 for each additional entry (Please include copy of Student ID)). If paying by check, it must be received prior to jurying.
- At this time, we plan to have an actual exhibition at the gallery. There will be no in-person opening, though we will have a Virtual Opening Event on Zoom. The gallery will be open with limited hours and visitor restrictions (until it is safe to do otherwise). The show will also be presented online with all artists identified, along with their work and artist statement.
- If the city closes all businesses again, due to COVID-19, the gallery will be closed, but we will display the exhibition online, visible to everyone who visits our website; and we will send out a link to everyone on our mailing list, potentially 4000+ viewers.
- The new (Temporary) Gallery hours are: Fridays, 3-7pm; Saturdays and Sundays, 12-4pm. Masks for all visitors are required and no more than 6 people will be allowed in the gallery at one time. (Hours subject to change.)
Virtual Opening Reception, Saturday, Oct 31, 4:00-5:00pm
- Exhibition dates: Oct 28 – Dec 19, 2020
- Gallery hours: Fri – 3-7 pm, Sat & Sun – 12-4 pm