ARC Gallery, a non-profit women’s cooperative gallery, has been an integral part of the Chicago art scene since 1973. Exhibition opportunities for innovative and emerging artists exist today, to an extent unheard of for women 34 years ago.
ARC Gallery’s ongoing contribution to this movement has given exposure and support to countless artists through its alternative space, providing a rich environment for the development of their artistic potential, experimentation and dialogue.
Artist membership in ARC is available to women artists based on excellence of work and personal commitment to the goals and mission of this alternative gallery and its cooperative structure.
We offer 3 levels of membership:
- Local Artist Member - Download more information
- Inter/National Artist Member - Download more information
- Scholarship Artist Member - Download more information
Benefits of Becoming an Artist Member
- A solo exhibition within 18-24 months of joining the gallery
- Participation in our annual members’ show, and art exchanges with other cooperatives throughout the US and abroad
- Inclusion in ARC’s archives housed at the Art Institute of Chicago’s Ryerson Library for scholarly research and education
- Opportunities to exchange ideas and resources with artists and arts organizations
- Involvement in gallery operations such as curating exhibitions and deciding programming
- An initial 2-year contract
- A one-time initiation fee and monthly dues
- Responsibilities vary according to the level of membership
Already a member? Pay your dues here: